Next course will be held in June 2017. (5. June – 2. July) Book now!
An effective international development programme requires a strong results measurement system. Robust, relevant measurement will help to show which interventions are working, and why. It can inform the revision of underperforming interventions, and aid the design of new ones. A strong measurement system will also allow credible results to be reported to donors.
This four week online course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to use the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a widely used framework for results measurement. The DCED Standard is currently used by over a hundred programmes, representing over a billion dollars of development funding, and increasingly required by donors. It is a simple, practical framework that helps programmes to monitor, manage, and demonstrate results.
Course objectives and structure:
During this course, you will:
- Learn what the DCED Standard for Results Measurement is, and how it forms the basis of a practical results measurement system.
- Develop a results chain showing the logic of an intervention, explore the assumptions that you make in intervention design, and articulate indicators based on the results chain.
- Understand how to select from different research techniques in order to measure these indicators, and attribute results to the programme.
- Practice introducing the DCED Standard during a case study, and within your own organisation.
- Have your questions answered online by the course facilitator and other experts working in results measurement.
This interactive and participatory course is delivered entirely online, over four weeks. Participants are expected to spend at least a day a week working on the course. Learning materials will include online lectures, a course forum, live discussions, and guided exercises. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
This course is appropriate for programme managers, M&E managers, and consultants interested in improving their measurement systems using the DCED Standard.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or via our website.